Termite Inspections – Brisbane
If you think you’ve got termites, there’s no need to panic. For a professional termite inspection, just give the Pest Doctors a call and we will come out to inspect your property as soon as possible.
If you think you have termites, please try not to disturb any further by picking open any damage or mud tubes and certainly avoid spraying them with insecticide. Both actions can frighten the termites from the area making control more difficult.
Pest Doctors have had many years dealing with termite problems in Brisbane. We understand it can be an anxious time, so if we do find termite we’ll take our time to explain the situation and answer any questions. We want to ease your concerns and put you back in control!
Termite inspections with thermal imaging camera
We use thermal imaging cameras on all our inspections at no extra charge, giving you (and us!) the confidence that there are no termites hiding in your walls.
What will the termite inspection tell you?
- Whether there are any active termites present, the level of activity and the location of any termite entry points
- The extent and location of any termite damage
- Evidence of any previous termite treatment
- If there are any construction fault or environmental conditions that could make a termite attack more likely
What areas of your property do we inspect?
- Inspect all buildings within the property boundary
- Inspect timber fences, decks, pergolas, outbuildings, trees and landscape timbers up to 30m radius from the main building (within the property boundaries)
- Every room in the buildings is inspected in turn
- If present, time is taken to inspect the roof void and sub-floor in detail
It is important to understand that we can only inspect areas to which we can access, so please make sure we can access all rooms, the roof void and sub-floor.
What sort of inspection report do you get?
Australian Standards require the report to include:
- Details of any visual evidence of any current termite activity, including the location, extent or activity and the species present
- The extent and location of any termite damage (there may or may not be active termites present)
- Recommendations for any additional inspections
- Information on any environmental conditions or building construction faults that may make your property more likely to come under termite attack
- Recommendations for solving these construction faults and environmental issues
- An assessment of the overall risk of the property suffering a termite attack
- Information on any termite management systems already in place and recommendations on its maintenance requirements (if the system is still active)
- Recommendations for a termite management plan to eliminate any current infestation and protect the property from future termite attack
What equipment do we use?
At Pest Doctors we use a range of devices to help us work out what might be happening behind the walls. There are three pieces of equipment we regularly use:
- Donger: a device to tap /sound wood construction elements for damage
- Moisture meter: for finding leaks and areas of moisture which could indicate termite activity
- Flir thermal imaging camera to pick up potential termite activity behind walls
- Termatrac: 3 way detection – moisture, thermal and motion detector to locate and track termite activity
It is important to remember that the standard termite inspection is a visual termite inspection. This means we don’t move heavy furniture which may be blocking walls and we don’t break open any walls. If we find some suspicious activity, we may recommend a further invasive inspection to investigate further.
Helpful tip: If you want to make sure you get a comprehensive termite inspection, please make sure we have easy access to all rooms, roof void and sub-floor.
Comprehensive computer-generated inspection reports
Why choose Pest Doctors?
- All our timber pest inspectors are experienced, fully qualified, licensed and insured
- We are more than happy to show you our licenses and insurance
- You can feel confident we have carried out a comprehensive inspection
- We take time to carry out your termite inspection
- A comprehensive termite inspection takes at least 1.5 hours on average, depending on the size of the property, number of rooms and presence of sub-floor / roof void.
- We use a thermal imaging camera on every inspection at no extra charge
- We provide a comprehensive computer-generated inspection report and discuss any issues
- You will receive a discount on any other pest services carried out at the same time as the termite inspection
What are the signs of termite activity?
Worker termites are the ones that cause all the damage. If you spot these, give Pest Doctors a call immediately!
During spring and summer, on warm humid nights, flying termites appear from mature nests in great numbers.
They are pale brown, with two pairs of delicate wings, which tend to fall off easily when they land.
If you see these insects flying around or lots of wings on the ground in the morning, then it means there is a termite nest nearby.
Termite build mud tubes for protection when they are travelling to their feeding site and will often bring in mud to their active feeding sites to increase the moisture level.
The mud tubes can be found on trees, fences, other wood items, entry points to your home, in the sub-floor and roof void.
Other than the obvious damage of collapsed timbers, there can be more subtle signs of termite damage, such as rippled paintwork, spongy floorboards and doors not shutting properly.
If you spot something suspicious, don’t touch or spray the area (as this will disturb the termites), just call the Pest Doctors immediately to arrange an inspection.
OUR PEST CONTROL STANDARDS
We will arrive when we say, or you will receive a courtesy call to advise we are running a little late. Please always rest assured that we value your time
We understand the importance of keeping your family, pets and the environment, healthy and safe. We prioritise sourcing the safest available products on the market to reduce the risk to your loved ones.
12 Month Service Guarantee on all pest control treatments. If pests come back we will come back and re-treat the area of concern at no extra charge.
Ready to See Termites Gone for Good?
To ensure your Property is always free of Termites, and under Warranty from any recent Termite Protection, it is important to have your Property inspected at least annually by a Termite Specialist. The risk of not having regular Inspections could equate to thousands of dollars of damage to your Property as well as reduce the sale price in the future. By having your property inspected by the Pest Doctors Team and a full Termite Management Plan in place, you can rest assured that the health and investment of your property is protected to the highest standards.